Saturday, July 16, 2011

Make Every Cent Count

A Penny A Day
I carry a coin purse in my bag now where I dump all my loose change in, from 5 centavo coins to 1 peso coins. This is the best way I can avoid getting shortchanged by groceries and meatshops whose favorite line these days seems to be "Ma'am, kulang po ako ng 25 cents... or 10 cents... or 5 cents..."!
A Penny A Day
The rest of my 5 and 10 peso coins go straight to my piggy bank. Yes, I still keep one! Afterall, one is never too old to save up for the rainy season. :)

8 comments:

  1. I place my loose change in a specific zipper compartment of my bag. All sorts of coins though, up to the 10-peso ones. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blackshirt13, do try to start a small piggy with only the 10- and 5-peso coins. just a few at a time. naku, youll be surprised at how much you can save! i was! i filled up a regular Pringles can... it amounted to almost P4000! and i didnt even feel that i was saving up! ok diba!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talaga? Sige nga, ma-try din. Magkasilbi naman yung cash box na nakatambak dito. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that'd be great, blackshirt13! happy saving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love saving coins tas open pag december hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup yup, krishna! there is the thrill of opening the piggy bank, no! just like when we were little kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may not be a guy thing but I carry a coin purse similar to yours. I find it a very convenient way to keep and retrieve the loose coins in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bertN, that is actually very smart of you ha. carrying a small coin purse is one sure way of organizing and making each penny really count.

    ReplyDelete