Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vigan Longaniza

BloggingBlogging
I used to like only the sweet style hamonado longganisa. That was until I was able to try Vigan longganisa. It was everything the hamonado longganisa was not. It was garlicky, bland with a little hint of saltiness, peppery... and definitely not a bit sweet! And to my surprise, I actually liked it! And since then, I have been having cravings every so often. And whenever I do, I just rush to Greenhills to buy me a pack of Gonzales Vigan Longaniza.

BloggingBlogging
A dozen a pack for php130. Each piece tied together to form one long line of sausages. I separate them before cooking, wash them, and boil them in a little water until the water cooks the longganisa thru and is totally reduced.

Blogging

For the final step, when all the water is evaporated, I add a little oil and cook the longganisa some more until they're golden brown.
Blogging

9 comments:

  1. KITTEN, one of my favorite power breakfasts pag longga. with sunny side up na egg shempre! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, yum! ako longsilog pero scrambled egg.


    do you know the brand fat and thin breakfast sausage? it almost tastes like jollibee's longganisa. hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I puncture the skin with a pork a few times before the boiling water evaporates completely. Sometimes the oil that ooze out of the langonisa is enough to brown it; otherwwise I add a little oil to complete the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I puncture the skin with a pork a few times before the boiling water evaporates completely. Sometimes the oil that ooze out of the langonisa is enough to brown it; otherwwise I add a little oil to complete the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BF loves the garlicky type of longganisa too, ako naman I prefer embutido over longganisa any time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kitten, ill try to look for the fat and thin longga. next search ko yan sa grocery day next week. thanks!

    bertN, oh i do that, too! i just let the inside of the longga cook muna in its own oil before i pierce the skin. ilag lang kasi the hot oil can spurt! masakit matalsikan! hahaha.. well, all for the love of longganisa diba!

    Madz, embutido is good din! pero usually, sa bread ko sha palaman. where do you get your embutido?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can order Margie's authentic Vigan longga at Php 150 for a dozen. She doesnt use fillers like the commercialized ones. Her number is 0922-835-0209

    ReplyDelete