Sunday, June 17, 2007

KopiRoti Bun

I am not a coffee drinker. I never was. I get my daily boost of caffeine from Coca Cola Mon and I are addicted to. (We consume no less than 10 1.5L bottles of Coke in a week, believe it or not!).
So I wasn't expecting anything from KopiRoti cafe when I went in at their branch at the Manila International Airport a couple of nights ago.

The place was tidy and cozy. A lot better than having to wait at the main lounge of the arrival area of MIA staring blankly at the TV monitors hoping to see the familiar face of the person you're picking up.


I ordered my bottled water and studied their menu. The girl at the counter saw the opportunity and talked me into trying out their bestseller, the KopiRoti bun for only P35. a piece. I thought, why not. So I ordered one.

It looked pretty dull when I pulled it out of the bag. But it was feshly baked though and smelled really good.

It was cut into four equal parts so Mon and I had two apiece. Surprisingly, the bun was really good! I enjoyed that it was crusty and toasted on the outside while fluffy and soft on the inside filled with just the right amount of light butter! I can only imagine how this would go perfectly well with a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee. It did with my Coke Light. I'll definitely try this again.

17 comments:

  1. This stuff is really addicting, Gita. =)

    Ngrrrr...ginutom tuloy ako. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noong nakaraang buwan nagdala nito hubby ko sa akin as pasalubong from work. Sabi nya magugustuhan ko daw to. Hehehe... hindi ko nagustuhan. hindi ko nga naubos yung isang bun. binigay ko na uli sa kanya. Ang pakla ng lasa. Siguro dahil hindi naman talaga ako coffee drinker kaya hindi ko na appreciate pero Gita, tama ka dun ang pabango nya talaga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. different strokes for differents folks! hahaha... too bad, lovingsue that you didnt like it as much as i and houseband00 did. actually, im not a coffe drinker either. pero bagay din sha sa bitterness ng coke light eh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. houseband, unluckily, KopiRoti has yet to invade the malls i and my hubby frequent... wala pa sa SM Bicutan nor MarketMarket nor GH eh... too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean, Gita! =)

    When I know that I have a relative coming over from QC, I always request for some KopiRoti goodness.

    The nearest I've seen is in MOA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dont forget the Bun, senorE, the Bun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss bread like this ... I can almost smell it. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 35 is cheap ha compared to the other rotti in Mega. I have yet to taste this though. I learned from a friend in singapore that these Rottis got so famous that they over saturated the market at nagsawa ka-agad ang tao dun. Now they are trying to branch this out in other countries like ours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. twas actually my first time to try it too, bugsybee. twas alright. worth the P35 naman.

    yes, ferdz, for P35, ok na diba. i dont really know how long this has been here in manila, the rotis. i never frequent cafes kasi diba. pang coke lite ang tastebuds ko kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it would go well with soft butter or dipped in olive oil with garlic and a dash of salt, but best with "matamis na bao" and Batangas barako coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. easy on the salt, noypetes! :-) and the butter better be unsalted. :-) ehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah you're right Gita, Salt is not good for old farts like me! I do watch what I eat and am not really into buttered food but I love olive oil on bread.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The one in Megamall is Roti Mum, 40.00 siya.

    Gutom na naman ako!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. mindy, ako din eh... weve just had dinner pero napabasa ako ng comments nyo, ayan, nakita ko ang fotos, gutom na naman ako tuloy! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks really good :) sana they'll open a branch in alabang or makati na!!

    i love delifrance's coffee bun pa naman kaya wanna try this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. u8mypinkcookies, we actually havent been back since. walang tyempo eh. sa airport kasi.
    ive heard so much about delifrance's. might check this one out soon too.

    ReplyDelete