Thursday, May 24, 2007

Paco Park


It was 10 and an half years ago when I walked down this very aisle. And visiting it today brought back a lot of pleasant memories of that momentous day of my life when I vowed to spend the rest of my life with my other half.


The rest of the trip was spent exploring the whole park which I didn't get the chance to do back then. For an entrance fee of P5.00, or was it P15, one gets to tour the park freely and leisurely.




There are two circular concrete walls surrounding the park dividing it into a central area and an outer circular lane where the crypts are. These two areas are connected by several archways.







The inner wall is also a walkway which offers a great view of the park below.



We climbed the inner wall and enjoyed the view.


Another spot worth visiting was the burial ground of our three martyred priests, Gomez, Burgos and Zamora.




But the highlight of our trip was the visit to the spot where the remains of our national hero, Jose Rizal, was temporarily interred.






It was a temporary retreat from the maddening hustle and bustle of the city outside.


Hubby and I just wandered around by ourselves appreciating the serenity of the place while we took photos untiringly to our hearts content despite the summer heat.

5 comments:

  1. ang ganda pala ng ng paco park.. di ko pa toh napuntahan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mimi, actually na guilty din ako eh. there is so much to see pala sa Paco Park. pero mula nung wedding namin dun, di na kami bumalik til about last week. bad no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you believe that I haven't gone to visit this place, yet? And here I am calling myself a serious Manila photoblogging expert ... hehehe!

    I love the pics, Gita. I'm really inspired to go. Okay to take pics inside, I presume?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks senorE. glad you like the photos. mon and braved the scorching heat of the sun that pm just to come up with those shots. those posted are actually our combined files. di ko na ma alala which ones are his and which ones are mine.

    anyway, ya, photographing is very much allowed. no bantays, no peckers, sa awa naman ng dyos eh maintained ang serenity ng lugar. you should really visit it. first time din namin to return after we got married there 10 yrs ago. grabe, sa sementeryo pala kami kinasal! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. indi naman.. Ü

    interesting talaga.. dapat mag set ako ng time to go there.....

    ReplyDelete